For the detection of urinary tract infections (e.g. cystitis), kidney disorders and diabetes
Urine test strips are a modern medical aid that make it possible to quickly diagnose pathological changes in the body in a simple, uncomplicated way with little effort. This test strip is a home test that can detect glucose, protein and blood in the urine.
Checking for these three substances gives you important indicators about the state of your health. We recommend a regular check once a year for the under-45s and every six months for the over-45s.
For the detection of sugar, protein and blood in the urine
Simple and safe to use
Info-Video from Dr. Kleine
Carry out the test at a quiet time, preferably at home. The test should be carried out around 2 hours after a carbohydrate-rich meal, e.g. after breakfast of bread and jam. Do not carry out a urine test during menstruation.
1. Immediately before testing collect a sample of your urine in a clean container (preferably an unused disposable plastic cup), filling it halfway. Then take the test strip out of its packaging. The packaging also contains a desiccant, which is not required for the test. Do not use the test strip if the protective wrapper is damaged!
2. Fully immerse the 3 test fields on the urine test strip in the urine sample for approx. 2 seconds.
3. Wipe off any excess urine on the edge of the container or on absorbent paper.
4. Keep the test strip horizontal and wait for approx. 1 minute.
5. After the waiting time has elapsed, compare (in daylight, no artificial light) the colours on the test strip with the printed colour scale by holding the test strip alongside the colour blocks in Figure 5. It is important to observe the evaluation time! (Colour changes that occur more than 2 minutes after the start of testing should be ignored.)
6. Make a note of the result (e.g. by ticking the colour scale) and dispose of the test strip in the household waste.